Postnatal Care and Classes
After you have delivered your precious bundle, and your body recovers from both the pregnancy and the delivery, you may think it is taking a while to feel 100%. Persistent back and pelvic pain, thoracic discomfort and pelvic floor issues are very common.
New mothers can experience the following:
- Low back pain
- Pelvic girdle instability and pain
- Problems with neck and shoulder areas from lifting and breastfeeding
- DRAM - or abdominal muscle separation
- Weak pelvic floor or incontinence
- Fatigue and lack of endurance
At Back In Strength we offer a comprehensive hour long post-natal physiotherapy assessment with a women’s health physiotherapist. This involves:
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment
- Prolapse and incontinence assessment
- Assessment of the pelvis evaluating alignment, support and strength
- Abdominal muscle separation assessment
- Fitting abdominal binder or SRC Recovery Shorts, as needed
- Breastfeeding/bottle feeding posture check
- Individualised exercises and advice
All of our physiotherapy sessions attract a rebate with most private health fund providers. We utilise the HICAPS system, meaning all you need to do is pay the gap.
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.