After you have delivered your precious bundle, and your body recovers from both
the pregnancy and the delivery, you may think it is taking a while to feel 100%. Persistent back and pelvic pain, thoracic discomfort and pelvic floor issues are very common.
New Mothers can experience the following;
- Low back pain
- Pelvic girdle instability and pain
- Problems with neck and shoulder areas from lifting and breastfeeding
- DRAM - or abdominal muscle separation
- Weak pelvic floor or incontinence
- Fatigue and lack of endurance
Post Natal Assessment
At Back In Strength we offer a comprehensive hour long post-natal physiotherapy assessment with a women’s health physiotherapist. This involves:
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment
- Prolapse and incontinence assessment
- Assessment of the pelvis evaluating alignment, support and strength
- Abdominal muscle separation assessment
- Fitting abdominal binder or SRC Recovery Shorts, as needed
- Breastfeeding/bottle feeding posture check
- Individualised exercises and advice
All of our physiotherapy sessions attract a rebate with most private health fund providers. We utilise the HICAPS system, meaning all you need to do is pay the gap.
Mums and Bubs classes
Recovering after pregnancy and childbirth, caring for a newborn and coping with sleepless nights, can lead to fatigue and deconditioning. Our course allows you to rediscover your strength and vitality, improve your core strength, enhance your pelvic floor function and reduce the risk of injury.
The Mums and Bubs classes have seven participants and the babies are more than welcome to come along!
Back in Strength offers a supervised class, where you will be carefully assessed and guided through safe and appropriate exercises. All our classes are supervised by physiotherapists who have a special interest in Women’s health.
- A thorough and detailed examination, reviewing your core strength, abdominal separation, pelvic floor control, posture and pelvic girdle control.
- Variety of appropriate exercises using reformers, mat and other Pilates and gym equipment
- Safe lifting and carrying tips
- All Sessions designed and supervised by our physiotherapists and the regime is SAFE
- Your baby is welcome to join you
- You can commence at any stage during the year, once you have completed your 6 week check up
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.